It has been a long, long time since I forked over my hard-earned dollars for a leather handbag. You see, I’ve been sporting Longchamp pretty exclusively in recent years. However, a few weeks ago, I saw a deal that I just could not refuse. Could. Not. Refuse.
Kate Spade was having an online sample sale, and this purse was being offered at more than 55% off the original price:
It’s positively brimming with all sorts of goodness:
- The silhouette is timeless.
- The neutral taupe-gray color is versatile (e.g. it goes with black, brown, pink, etc.).
- The color coincidentally matches the color of my wallet.
- The leather is soft.
- The bag itself isn’t too heavy.
- It doesn’t have a lot of flashy metal hardware.
- It’s roomy enough to fit an iPad.
- I can organize my stuff in several compartments and pockets.
- The length of the shoulder strap is just right, and the bag tucks comfortably under my arm.
- Did I mention that it was on sale for $169 from $395—with free shipping?
Alas, nothing is perfect. The two things I wish it had:
- Four little metal feet on its bottom. (I dislike putting the bag on the floor.)
- A non-magnetic closure. (I’m always wondering if it will end up demagnetizing my credit cards and/or metro card.)
One unexpected bonus: a sweet polka-dotted lining:
So, on top of everything else, this purse provides me with a discreet way to rock the hot polka dot trend this fall. I’m practically speechless!